Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home Projects

If you read Christina and Paul's recent blog, you know that I am starting to get into sewing. Their pillows were my first project and since then, I've been finding tons of stuff to make! This past week, I decided to make some things for our new rock climbing hobby - a chalk bag (will make another one for Ed) and 2 gear bags to hold our harnesses, chalk bag and shoes. Below are some pics - who knew you could combine sewing and adventure sports!?!!

An action shot!

My chalk bag on a clip I got for $0.89 from REI!

My bag - fairly simple - drawstring with a canvas bottom and shoulder strap

Ed's bag - with a zipper pocket for keys and a wallet. (Ed's trying to climb our wall...for proper effect)












1 comment:

Jacki said...

Ha HA! Isn't sewing so much fun!! Especially when you finish it and it worked out so well! Your pictures look like you did a great job! I Love sewing. I'm currently working on Katie's Baptismal outfit. Yay!